Friday, March 21, 2008

miao miao


At roughly 07:35 today, my cat gave birth to 3 cute kittens. I am flabbergasted by the instinct of the animal. The way she handled the matter is somewhat marvelous. After each kitten was born, mother cat would cut the umbilical cord with her teeth. I am wondering where she got such knowledge. Once born, the kitten would look for the breast to have milk. Their eyes are still draped, then how do they know that they are to feed on mum’s breast?. After delivery, mother cat was utterly weary. I gave her milk which she swigged with much appetite.

3 Comments:

At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Animal instincts... They just know what to do when the time comes... and where are the picturessssssssss?!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger morinn said...

Baby animals are drawn to their mother by smell as well. I noticed that with puppies. They know where the milk is. :D

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Maliha said...

I know im late to comment on this post..but since i love cats n iv assisted to many "deliveries", i felt somehow connected ;)
Im sure ur 3 kittens are now fully grown

 

Post a Comment

<< Home